MOBILE GIS INFORMATION CAPTURE TOOL
The customer is a major telecom company in the North American region. Their requirement was to develop an OGC compliant mobile GIS application that can be deployed in Universal Portable Devices (UPD), iPads, Android phones, for ecient field data collection. Besides, provision for using the application both in online/oine mode was expected.
NeST IT devised a hybrid mobile app that would render on a variety of mobile devices (iPad, tablets, etc), running on Android, iOS, etc, in addition to the UPD (which runs on Windows). The app was developed as a hybrid app that utilised the strengths of both the native and web apps. This enabled the customer to use the app on a variety of portable devices much cheaper than the UPD, thus ramping up its ROI. The services included :
- Design & Development of hybrid mobile app
- Technical Services
- Development Methodology: Waterfall model
- Sencha Touch Framework
THE SOLUTION DELIVERED FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT:
- Highly ecient and accurate than conventional “paper fielding” data collection methods
- Can be deployed on a variety of mobile devices.
- Low cost, No licensing fees
- Highly scalable and easier access to functions
- High performance leveraged by Cloud Mapping & Tile Engine services
- Suitable for telecom, utility, power, transportation, wildlife and environmental monitoring agencies and departments.
NeST IT, part of the US $ 200 m NeST Group, is a premier company specialized in providing software services and solutions to customers from diverse verticals like Aerospace, Banking &Financial Services, Insurance, Utilities, Healthcare , Manufacturing, etc. The company works with multifarious technology platforms, including Microsoft, Oracle, Open Source and legacy (mainframe), and combines domain expertise with proven skills in GIS, enterprise mobility and web technologies to create both custom applications and implement COTS solutions to meet the business requirements of its customers, which include start-ups, SMBs and Fortune 500 companies in equal measure.