M-ICAP – MOBILE GIS INFORMATION CAPTURE TOOL
Client is a major telecom company in the North American region. Their requirement was to develop an OGC compliant web-based mobile GIS application that can be deployed in mobile devices like UPDs, iPads, Android phones, tablets etc. for ecient field data collection. Besides, provision for using the application both in online/oine mode should be provided.
IT Solution (Application Development)
- Design & Development of custom application
- Technical Services
- Development Methodology: Waterfall model
- Sencha Touch Framework
THE SOLUTION DELIVERED FOLLOWING BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT:
- Highly efficient and accurate than conventional “paper fielding” data collection methods
- Can be deployed on a variety of mobile device
- Low cost, No licensing fees
- Highly scalable and easier access to functions
- High performance leveraged by Cloud Mapping & Tile Engine services
- Suitable for telecom, utility, power, transportation, wildlife and environmental monitoring agencies and departments.
NeST IT, part of the US $ 200 m NeST Group, is a premier company specialized in providing software services and solutions to customers from diverse verticals like Aerospace, Banking &Financial Services, Insurance, Utilities, Healthcare , Manufacturing, etc. The company works with multifarious technology platforms, including Microsoft, Oracle, Open Source and legacy (mainframe), and combines domain expertise with proven skills in GIS, enterprise mobility and web technologies to create both custom applications and implement COTS solutions to meet the business requirements of its customers, which include start-ups, SMBs and Fortune 500 companies in equal measure.