FULLY DIGITAL INSTRUMENT CLUSTER WITH 10.1” LCD
The customer is a leading sports car manufacturer who designs and builds concept cars and prototypes. The company also builds custom special order vehicles, in various segments.
The customer, being a leading sports car company, wanted to make a niche digital instrument cluster and shift from analog gauges to an instrument cluster with digital read-out facility. The customer wanted a built-toconcept product based on research into the digital instrument clusters already available in the market.
SFO leveraged the technical skills and product engineering capabilities to develop and manufacture digital displays with real-time readings for a fully digital instrument cluster with the following highlights:
- Single point delivery of Hardware, software & manufacturing services.
- Cost effective platform, easily expandable for infotainment applications.
- High precision fuel level display with 1% accuracy.
- Strong technical expertise to optimize Linux BSPs to meet hard real time requirements for CAN transmission and achieve optimized boot time of 3.5 seconds.
- Attractive and high performance user interface developed using hardware accelerated OpenGL ES framework.
- Shorter development cycle achieved using reusable IPC (Inter-Process Communication) frameworks.
- Quick boot mode
- Support for low power sleep mode
- Software upgrade from USB thumb drive
- Fail-safe mechanism in software upgrade
- Support for multiple themes
- 10.1” Wide Landscape Display
- HMI Screens- Welcome Screen | Gauge Screen | Menu screens | Software Update Screen
- Gauges – Vehicle speed | Engine speed | Engine temperature | Fuel level
- Driver Assistance System – Odo meter | Trip meter | Fuel Economy | Distance to Empty | Average Speed
- Telltales – Door open/close | Left & Right Indicators | Hand brake | Low brake fluid warning | Malfunction Indicator Lamp | Immobilizer | ABS | Air bag | Defogger | Front & Rear fog lamp indicators | Engine oil indicator | Low beam | High beam | EBD
- Vehicle Interface
- Audible alarm for warnings