Pursuit of Excellence
The story of our pursuit of quality certification started right from our inception in 1998. And, it is a continuing saga, with the aim of continual improvement by adapting the best practices followed in the software industry. Traversing through all the flavors of ISO standards down the years, our systems are now certified as per ISO 9001:2015 standards.
We have been simultaneously assessed at the highest Maturity Level ‘ML5’ as per the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration, standard defined by the Carnegie Mellon University of the USA. Our elegant Quality Management System has components for improving itself and has the essence of high maturity practices with the statistical prediction methodologies demanded by CMMI-Dev V1.3 only at higher maturity levels. And, without resting on our laurels, the constant striving continues towards yet higher peaks of excellence.
At NeST Digital, we always value the confidentiality of the information entrusted with us by the customer. In order to boost the customer’s confidence in NeST Digital, on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data and information handed over to and / or created by us, we got our Information Security Management System certified as per standards laid down in ISO 27001:2013.
For customers who have multi-domain engagements with the NeST Group, our group company, SFO Technologies also has similar certifications, including certain domain
specific ones. The Automotive domain has been certified with ISO 26262, TS 16949:2009 and 13485:2016, The QMS is also compliant with the requirements defined in TL9000 for the communication and ASPICE for the automotive domain.
With all these certification-compliant best practices enshrined in our QMS, NeST Digital process is well equipped for delivering quality products to the customers. The project management process is well defined with the principles of project planning, project monitoring and control, risk management, configuration management and metrics analysis. The projects are executed as per the different software development methodologies, both generic like waterfall, iterative and incremental models and custom defined workflows as per the project characteristics. The Quality and Testing team ensures that the process defined by the QMS is implemented in the project through auditing methodologies and requirements are implemented as demanded by the customer through well defined testing methodologies.
The Quality Management System of the organization is owned and maintained by the Engineering Process Group (EPG) which comprises of the senior members of the organization. For the effective implementation of focus areas, EPG has different subcommittees as listed below:
- Metrics Team responsible for maintaining the organizational metrics, analyzing it and base-lining
- Tools Expert Team responsible for institutionalizing the tools inside the organization
- Knowledge Management and Reuse Committee is responsible for improving the knowledge management and reuse in the organization
- Process Improvement Committee responsible for maintaining process improvement repository, analyzing it and institutionalizing selected proposals
- Verification and Validation Committee responsible for improving the review process and testing process
- Estimation Team responsible for streamlining the estimation process in the organization
- Software Process Improvement Committee (SPICE) responsible for ensuring that the process is implemented inside the business units
EPG reports to Quality Management System Implementation (QMSI) which is the apex body tasked with oversight of the organizational and project management oversight.